I searched for Chinese music charts and found:
- Billboard’s China V Chart: http://www.billboard.com/charts/china-v-chart
(but very hard to find the original songs because everything is in English only)
- Chinese pop chart on Baidu http://music.baidu.com/top/huayu
(I wonder why most songs are not available on YouTube and Spotify…)
- Hito chart (Taiwan) on Baidu http://music.baidu.com/top/hito
(Khalil Fong’s song was in the top 10)
- Chinese pop ranking on Yinyuetai for mainland http://vchart.yinyuetai.com/vchart/trends?area=ML
- Chinese pop ranking on Yinyuetai for Hong Kong and Taiwan http://vchart.yinyuetai.com/vchart/trends?area=HT
- Top Mandarin Songs on KKbox Taiwan https://www.kkbox.com/tw/en/charts/chinese-daily-song-latest.html
(it seems like a music streaming service similar to Spotify?)
- Hito中文榜 (Hito Chinese Song Chart – Taiwan) http://www.hitoradio.com/newweb/chart_1_1.php
Is it just a coincidence but almost all Chinese songs popular in mainland China I listened to were sad ballad songs?
And then I saw Khalil Fong’s song HBDD on the 3rd place on ‘hito’ (Taiwan). I love that song so I thought maybe I would also like the other songs in the chart.
It is somewhat easier to find Chinese pop songs from Hito chart on YouTube and Spotify but the titles and names are in traditional Chinese because they’re songs released in Taiwan…
Five top songs on Hito chart this week:
顽固 – 五月天
Tough by Mayday
顽固 [wángù] = 頑固, stubborn
五月天 [wǔyuètiān]= May + Day
I know nothing about Taiwanese music, but this sounds like a J-pop song to me. Even the music video reminds me of Japanese movies.
最后的请求 – 狮子合唱团
Please by LION
最后 [zuìhòu] = 最後, the last
请求 [qǐngqiú]= 請求, request
狮子 [shīzi] = 獅子, lion
合唱团 [héchàngtuán] = 合唱団, choir
很不低调 – 方大同
HBDD by Khalil Fong
低调 [dīdiào]= low profile
方大同 Fāng Dàtóng
I really can’t listen to the song, HBDD, without bobbing my head or tapping my foot. I like it so much so I left a comment on YouTube and… that comment got 4 likes from other fans. Trivial but it made me happy.
年轮说 – 杨丞琳
Traces of Time In Love by Rainie Yang
年轮 [niánlún] = 年輪, growth ring
杨丞琳 Yáng Chénglín
Ballad. Beautiful voice.
这个世界 – 孙燕姿
This World (?) by Stefanie Sun
这个 zhège = this
世界 shìjiè = world
孙燕姿 Sūn Yànzī
The song is not available on Spotify for Indonesia and I couldn’t find the official music video on YouTube. Oh, she was the original singer of 天黑黑 (Cloudy Day).
Good night. 晚安。###